Simply put..."Our desire is for people to progress towards Jesus, and to then make disciples to reach the unreached"
We put our time, energy and resources into these values:
REACHING OUT to our community and world for Jesus - We strive to reach our friends, community and world with the Gospel of Jesus because we truly believe it is the most important message on the planet.
REVEALING THE TRUTH The Bible is the true path to Jesus - We believe that the the Bible is the only clear and, true path to knowing the heart of God, and we wholeheartedly study, teach and value the Bible in everything we do.
RELATING TO EACH OTHER and to our community authentically - In all our environments, we are an authentic, come-as-you-are community where we can laugh, cry, struggle and heal together while always pointing each other to Jesus.
RELEASING LEADERS helping believers to find their true calling - We train, equip and empower believers to find their calling, be leaders in their communities and work for the Kingdom.
REINVESTING IN FAMILIES helping families to love and follow Jesus - We love and believe in the next generation by reinvesting into families, parents, grandparents and kids empowering them to love and follow Jesus.
What We Believe:
1. Kingdom Theology & Practice
2. Experiencing God
3. Culturally Relevant Mission
4. Reconciling Community
5. Compassionate Ministry
Our Convictions at Canyon View...
1. We believe that there is one living and true God, eternally existing in three persons: the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit, equal in power and glory; that this triune God created all, upholds all, and governs all.
2. We believe that the Scriptures of the Old and New Testament are the Word of God, fully inspired and without error in the original manuscripts.
3. We believe in God the Father, an infinite personal Spirit, perfect in holiness, wisdom, power, and love; that He concerns Himself mercifully in the affairs of men; that He hears and answers prayer; and that He saves from sin and death all who come to Him through Jesus Christ.
4. We believe in Jesus Christ, God's only begotten Son, conceived by the Holy Spirit. We believe in His virgin birth, sinless life, miracles and teachings; His substitutionary atoning death, bodily resurrection, ascension into heaven, perpetual intercession for His people, and personal, visible return to Earth.
5. We believe in the Holy Spirit, who came forth from the Father and Son to convict the world of sin, righteousness, judgment, and to regenerate, sanctify, and empower for ministry all who believe in Jesus Christ. We believe the Holy Spirit indwells every believer in Jesus Christ and that He is an abiding helper, teacher, and guide. We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit and in the exercise of all Biblical Gifts of the Spirit.
6. We believe that all men are sinners by nature and choice and are therefore under condemnation; that God regenerates by the Holy Spirit those who repent of their sins and confess Jesus Christ as Lord; that Jesus Christ baptizes the seeking believer with the Holy Spirit, the release of which is sometimes subsequent to regeneration, and empowers them for service.
7. We believe in the universal church, the living spiritual Body of which Christ is the head and all regenerated persons are members.
8. We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ committed two ordinances to the church, Baptism and the Lord's Supper (Communion). We believe in Baptism by immersion,and Communion, open to all believers.
9. We believe in the laying on of hands for empowering; for healing; for the ordination of pastors and the release of functional elders and deacons; for receiving gifts of the Spirit, and for wholeness.