1. Kingdom Theology & Practice
2. Experiencing God
3. Culturally Relevant Mission
4. Reconciling Community
5. Compassionate Ministry
Our Convictions at Canyon View...
1. We believe that there is one living and true God, eternally existing in three persons: the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit, equal in power and glory; that this triune God created all, upholds all, and governs all.
2. We believe that the Scriptures of the Old and New Testament are the Word of God, fully inspired and without error in the original manuscripts.
3. We believe in God the Father, an infinite personal Spirit, perfect in holiness, wisdom, power, and love; that He concerns Himself mercifully in the affairs of men; that He hears and answers prayer; and that He saves from sin and death all who come to Him through Jesus Christ.
4. We believe in Jesus Christ, God's only begotten Son, conceived by the Holy Spirit. We believe in His virgin birth, sinless life, miracles and teachings; His substitutionary atoning death, bodily resurrection, ascension into heaven, perpetual intercession for His people, and personal, visible return to Earth.
5. We believe in the Holy Spirit, who came forth from the Father and Son to convict the world of sin, righteousness, judgment, and to regenerate, sanctify, and empower for ministry all who believe in Jesus Christ. We believe the Holy Spirit indwells every believer in Jesus Christ and that He is an abiding helper, teacher, and guide. We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit and in the exercise of all Biblical Gifts of the Spirit.
6. We believe that all men are sinners by nature and choice and are therefore under condemnation; that God regenerates by the Holy Spirit those who repent of their sins and confess Jesus Christ as Lord; that Jesus Christ baptizes the seeking believer with the Holy Spirit, the release of which is sometimes subsequent to regeneration, and empowers them for service.
7. We believe in the universal church, the living spiritual Body of which Christ is the head and all regenerated persons are members.
8. We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ committed two ordinances to the church, Baptism and the Lord's Supper (Communion). We believe in Baptism by immersion,and Communion, open to all believers.
9. We believe in the laying on of hands for empowering; for healing; for the ordination of pastors and the release of functional elders and deacons; for receiving gifts of the Spirit, and for wholeness.